Thursday, July 14, 2016

Time



In the village photo by JennyEBurr


Time

What time is it?

Is it time yet?

Are we on time?

Just passing time.

Timing is everything.

Time flies when you're having fun!

You can't change the hands of time.

How much time do we have? 

Is it time?

Once upon a time...

A long time ago... 

Passage of time

The best time

A good time

Pressed for time.

Investing time. 

It's about time.

I forgot the time.

Sometime

Anytime

Next time

This time

Down time

Daylight savings time

Daytime

Nighttime

Springtime

Wintertime

Summertime

What no Falltime?

When time stands still.

No time

Lots of time

Many times

Real time

Time has run out. 

Time's up!

Lost in time.

Time travel

A moment in time.

It's the wrong time. 

End time

Right time

In the village photo by JennyEBurr


Time
As a writer, I find that words are often floating around in my head. 

In fact, they tend to stay in my mind for quite awhile as my thoughts absorb and process them. Turning them into possible blog posts, article ideas, stories or just thoughts to write down and revisit another day. 

Time has been one of those thoughts. As I was thinking about the word, time, I began to think about various phrases that involve the word time. So I wrote them down. 

One evening, before falling asleep, a few more time words waltzed through my mind. I didn't get up and dash down to computer right away because I was certain that I would remember them. 

Fortunately, I was right.

The next morning as I checked email and Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn a few more words and phrases about time came to mind and I added them to my list. 

God and Time

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 Are verses which speak about a time for everything. 


There is a time for everything, 
and a season for every activity under the heaven: 
a time to be born and a time to die, 
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 a time to kill and a time to heal, 
a time to tear down and a time to build, 
a time to weep and a time to laugh, 
a time to mourn and a time to dance, 
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, 
a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 
a time to search and a time give up, 
a time to keep and a time to throw away, 
a time to tear and a time to mend, 
a time to be silent and a time to speak, 
a time to love and a time to hate,
 a time for war and a time for peace.  (NIV) 

Prayer:  Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that we learn to use the time that we have wisely and to do all that we can to show others how much you love them. In Jesus's name. Amen

Your turn:  Are there other time phrases which I have missed? Do you think about time?  

Sign up to receive my blog posts via email. 


Other By His Grace Posts:

Good News Bad News

Peace Prosperityand Prayer


Unlikely Impossible