Friday, March 18, 2016

Mid March Grays and Jeremiah



Photos courtesy of JennyEBurr

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,


"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,




plans to give you hope and a future. 



Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, 


and I will listen to you. 



You will seek me and find me



when you seek me with all of your heart."

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 NIV

On a gray, lightly rainy day in mid March in the village,  I wandered about the area and took a few photos. 

Much to my surprise, gray was predominant in many of the photos, set against a melting background of snow and ice.  

It can sometimes take a great deal of effort to see beyond a dreary, sky-gray day. 

A day that seemingly holds no promise of anything better than the shades and shadows before you. 

At least, that may be how it seems. 

Yet, knowing that there is a promise of the sun behind the gray, 

the white clouds in the far distance of tomorrow, 

the blue sky somewhere beyond today, gives a reason for hope and promise.   

Without both rain and sunshine, life doesn't grow. 

So it is for me, for you, and for others. 

Without the gray times of challenge and struggle in our lives we do not grow closer to God. 

We do not find strength to carry on, if we do not have these times of difficulty and sorrow.  

Times where we have no choice but to call out to God and rely on Him and His promises. 

These verses in Jeremiah remind me of just how much my Heavenly Father loves me and you. Seek Him out with all of your heart. 

Dear Heavenly Father, I am praying for the reader today who is shrouded in gray and despair, please help them to seek you, open their heart to you, and give them strength to get through the troubles which they face to day.  In Jesus's Name, Amen.

Your turn: How do you get through your gray days?  Feel free to leave a comment.