Monday, February 15, 2016

Being Content



I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.



I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
 

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.




Philippians 4:12 

Photo credit: JennyEBurr  Village photos.

Sometimes I wonder if I have learned the secret of contentment.

In being content, no matter what is happening around me or in my life. 

The kind of contentment which Paul is speaking about in this verse is a contentment which he achieved despite his circumstances.

Being content when everything is going well seems like an easy task. 

Do I take contentment for granted when life is good?

When my world seems to be messed up and hurtling out of control can I actually be content? 

Can I still thank my Heavenly Father when chaos and uncertainty preside? 

Am I able to be content in all of my circumstances?

Not complaining. Not whining.

Not being miserable or angry.

Not being irritated or nagging.

No impatience. 

No negativity.

Just being content. 

Looking for the good.

Leaning on God.

Trusting God.

Acknowledging, that I will be content no matter what happens. 

Content with what I have.

Content with what I don't have. 

Simply being content.

My goal is attain contentment every day. 

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, help me with my goal to be content each and everyday. Content with all that you have given me and content with what you know I do not need and what I do not have.   In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Your turn. Do you struggle with contentment? How do you rise above the mess and find contentment? 

Other By His Grace posts which might interest you:
 Love Is
Grumble, Complain
Waiting
A Most Ungrateful Heart