Friday, December 11, 2015

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas


Images courtesy of JennyEBurr 

I am wondering if my last year's photos of my Christmas village is as close to snow as we'll get for Christmas in Ottawa this year. 


Bing Crosby's got it right when he sings the words, "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas, just like the one's I used to know...."  Aside form being one of my all time favourite Christmas movies to watch each year I too am dreaming of a white Christmas. 


It is a rare December when we don't have snow in this area, but I do remember a number of years ago another green December.  The reason I remember it is because my husband had made a comment about cutting the grass in December. 

People in Ottawa typically do not cut their grass in December because the grass has stopped growing and is covered in snow.



I have been enjoying the very mild-record breaking temperatures however, I do like snow for Christmas.  I also like snow when the temps are cold as it offers children something to play with when they're outside. This is particularly important during recess.

 

I know that it has been quiet here over the past couple of weeks. I've been doing a great deal of writing in my head as well as some writing for a couple of other places.

I have been writing some articles for Spur Ottawa and I have included the links below to my two most recent articles. 

Gifts for Mr. and Mrs. Claus 

The Big Give 

I have also included links  that are the topic of another article which will appear soon in Spur Ottawa

Resource Freak 

Resources 

Gospel For Asia 


If any of you happen to subscribe to live, a magazine for Baptist Women of Ontario and Quebec then you may have read my article, Ungrateful Heart Syndrome, in the November-December issue.

It only costs $20.00 a year for either the print or online magazine. With your subscription you receive six issues a year.

I mention writing this article in my A Most Ungrateful Heart blog post.


Your turn.  

What has kept you busy over the past couple of weeks?  Have you had record warm temps for December too?

Please feel free to leave a comment below and to sign up to receive By His Grace posts in your email inbox.