Tuesday, October 27, 2015

In Appreciation

My favourite fence in the village.


Living in a village leads to a quieter, humble lifestyle. Twenty-four and a half years ago we moved to our humble abode with our half acre yard. This blog post is a photo journal including pictures in and around the village. 

If you read my post, A Most Ungrateful Heart you will know that I have struggled with thankfulness this past year so this blog post is a response to that post. I am looking for the blessings in my life and offering God thankfulness and praise. 

Our situation is the same, however, my heart, head and attitude are being transformed. I am thankful for this change. Looking for the good helps me to have a thankful heart. 
  




The eastern portion of the Jock River looking over the bridge.





Reflections in the Jock River is the view from the western portion of the Jock River looking over the bridge. 
















About 25 houses were in the village when we first moved here. Then a half dozen or so were added a few years ago. More recently, 50 estate lots were placed across the road from us. Despite the slow expansion of the village, it is still a quiet place to live. 


The next few photos depict some of the log houses and buildings in the village. 

























Now it's your turn. What do you appreciate about where you live? 

Please feel free to leave a comment.