Saturday, November 28, 2009

Down to the Wire

Jeremiah 29: 11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I wil listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Can't you see, hear and feel God's grace pouring out through these verses? I know I can. For years, this passage in Jeremiah has been my "go to" passage when everything seems to go wrong and hope appears to be lost. These verses hold God's promise that He will never leave our side and that He has a plan.

So often we want to know what that plan is and we demand that God reveal it to us. This is not God's way. He tends to take us right down to the wire, right to the very depths of the valley, leave us standing on that cliff with no way down and no way to go back.

In other words it's almost as though God is saying these words to us. "Trust me. Not just for this moment, but always put your trust in me so that you do not take one step without first asking me what you should do. I have plans for you, boy to I have plans but you keep getting off track and you keep taking your eyes off of me. When your eyes are on me, then your heart will also be focused on me. Talk to me constantly. Seek me out and ask me for guidance and direction. You're not in this journey alone. I'll see you through."

Down to the wire. Yes, that's exactly where we are right now. My husband is completing his final course and it will be done by early December. Then he must work on his thesis. This last course has been really tough.

These past three years have been a hard hit financially. God knows all about it. Now that we are down to the wire we need to keep trusting in God's plan. Now is not the time to give up hope.

Dear Heavenly Father help to keep our eyes and hearts focused on you. Take our fears and worries and turn them into complete and absolute trust in you and in your plans for us. In Jesus' name, Amen.