Sunday, May 31, 2009

Totally Reliant Upon God: Two Years Later

Well, it's been two years since my husband was laid off. He and I were discussing yesterday that two years ago, we wouldn't have known that we would be where we are today financially.

We both admitted that it is only by God's grace and financial intervention that we are still able to make all of our bill payments. Now, we enter a new level. Gone is the lay off package of one year. Gone, as of May 2009 is the one year employment insurance entitlement.

Where does that leave us? Totally reliant upon God.

Yes, I am still employed at a private Christian School and yes, my husband is still taking a Master's Program which is slated to finish in December 2009. This term of study he is able to be a teacher's assistant so a small salary is available.

I suppose that I wouldn't be completely honest with you if I said that I wasn't concerned. I am, however there is a difference. I know that God does have a plan for our lives. If it is to lead us into poverty, it is because He has a purpose. If it is to maintain us as we are, it is for a purpose. If it is to relocate us it is for His purpose.

Besides, if I get myself all worked up and stressed out, my Meniere's attacks begin and these are dreadful experiences. It's best to leave everything up to God.

Easy....definately not! I truly do want to know the details and the plans God has for us. So, no it isn't easy but it is the way God operates. He promises to not leave our side but He doesn't fill in the details, the who, what, where, when, how and why.

How do I know this? There are so many examples of this in the Bible.

I shall share a few examples over my next few posts. All of them indicate God's grace and love for his people.